Fredericton Global 6k for Water –
June 13, 2020 – POSTPONED IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19, DETAILS TO BE CONFIRMED AT A LATER DATE
Mark your calendars! The first annual Fredericton Global 6k for Water will be held on Saturday June 13.
We’re walking, jogging, running, wheeling, and biking 6 km to raise $15,000 to provide community members access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) facilities. Every donation makes it possible to do things like:
- Raise awareness of water and sanitation practices, and the importance of personal hygiene through student clubs
- Construct accessible water sources like handwashing stations or latrines in schools and community sites to combat disease
- Train community members on maintaining water sources for long-term sustainability
- Construct sanitary blocks and water stations
- Rehabilitate wells in several communities
Click here for more information.
FreddyLink “Water is Life” fund-raiser
Join us as we partner with World Vision Canada to support the people of Haiti. In Haiti, people face considerable difficulties. In urban areas of the country, approximately only one in four people have access to safe water, and in the rural areas, it’s only one in two people.
We hope to raise $100,000 to help provide safe and accessible water, construct water stations & latrines and rehabilitate wells to create real and lasting change for Haitian families. Click here to find out more.
These funds will be used to support the Morne Pelee Area Development Program of World Vision in Haiti.