FreddyLink is a program which links caring individuals in the community of Fredericton with children and families in need in villages in the COBOCOL and UDICC Area Development Programs in the central plateau of Haiti through World Vision. This linkage allows a closer connection and greater communication between the two communities, for the benefit of both.
FreddyLink allows child sponsors to better see how their dollars are helping to transform a community in need:
- Individuals from Fredericton will visit the community in Haiti every year or two and see first-hand how the community is progressing.
- These visits to Haiti will be followed by special events, where the people of Fredericton can hear first-hand accounts of what is going on in Haiti, and see pictures of the COBOCOL and UDICC Area Development Programs and of sponsored children.
- Annual reports of progress in the Haitian community, and more frequent updates and information, will be made available through this website.
- Child sponsors can also communicate directly with sponsored children on a regular basis.
- Individuals from Haiti may visit Fredericton as well.
FreddyLink will not only transform the community in Haiti, but also enrich the lives of the people of Fredericton. Through special events, regular updates and on-going communications, FreddyLink will help the people of Fredericton share their child sponsorship experiences, and celebrate their contribution to community development in Haiti.
Introduction to FreddyLink
To learn more about FreddyLink and how it began, please see this short video:
Introduction to FreddyLink, produced by Jon Pedersen, Pedersen Video Inc.